|All-Natural Cold Prevention Did you know that it’s a myth that cold weather causes colds? Viruses — coupled with a lowered immune response — cause colds. Certain bacteria may also spawn infections that produce cold-like symptoms.
However, cold weather isn’t completely off the hook. Most cold-causing viruses survive better with low humidity, which occurs most often during winter months. Also, cold temperatures can dry nasal membranes, making them more vulnerable to infection.
But, just because the temperature has dropped, doesn’t mean that you’re doomed to get sick. We have developed a list of all-natural ways to help you ward off the common cold and shorten its duration.
- Embrace exercise
- Stop stress
- Savour sleep
- Have some hot peppers
- Drink some green tea
- Get jazzed about ginger
- Check out chicken soup
- Veer toward vitamins
- Commit to chiropractic care
The chiropractic lifestyle protects and builds the immune system, which is fundamental to ward off colds. The foundation of this lifestyle centers on making choices that focus on preventative health — from adequate nutrition and sleep to regular chiropractic visits.Dr. Barbara Smith
Chiropractor and Health Education
- Product of the Month: Oil of Oregano
- Ask your doctor about how the use of low force techniques could help you and your loved ones with head trauma.
- Check in on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter for our most up to date information.
- For future upcoming events, visit our website.
- Beginning January 2019 Dr. Barb has a new schedule! You can make your appointment with her on Tuesday morning or Wednesday afternoon.
MON: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
TUE: 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm
WED: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
THUR: 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm
FRI: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm